The Kill Order Chapter 30
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Oddly enough, the ground is actually rising, but only the small area they're standing on. Mark yells that whatever they're on is man-made.
- The two jump to safety pretty easily; the land that was rising then does a full rotation, and on the other side is a flat concrete surface.
- It's a landing spot for a Berg or Bergs.
- Seeing that this could be their only chance, Alec and Mark decide they need to act quickly. They jump inside the hole that had just formed in the ground, landing on a narrow metal ledge.
- Just as Mark is falling on top of Alec, he sees the thrusters of a Berg landing. Phew, just in time.