The Kill Order Chapter 45
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- As the Berg flies through the sky, Mark starts to feel pretty horrible. You know, about everything. But in particular, he's hungry and thirsty.
- Then he drifts off, never losing consciousness, but never really being conscious—things are happening around him, but he's totally oblivious.
- Pretty soon he feels a bump, then Alec comes in with food and water.
- Alec had flown them to an empty neighborhood between the bunker and downtown Asheville, and he just went out to get some food.
- After eating the much-needed food and drinking the much-needed water, Alec admits that he thinks they're in a fancy cul-de-sac area.
- Alec then tells Mark that he knows Mark was up to something while Alec was trying to close the hatch door.
- Mark tells him about the rage—the psychotic impulse that came over him. How torturing that man had seemed like a joyful thing for a few moments.
- Alec calms him down and tells him he isn't crazy, he was just trying to survive. Then Mark takes a nap, and the dreams naturally come next.