The Kill Order Chapter 48
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Mark finally wakes up in a cold sweat. Luckily, Alec doesn't hammer him with questions when they eat in the morning.
- Alec tells him that he took the Berg up for an observation run when Mark was sleeping. A couple miles away he saw Lana, Trina, and Deedee. They've been captured.
- But hey, at least they know they're alive.
- So the plan is to go rescue them. The problem is that they have no weapons.
- Since Alec knows a lot about Bergs, he knows there are usually rooms that hold weapons. Unfortunately, this Berg has one that's guarded by a computer system.
- But no matter, they just take an axe to the door, and within a half hour they break it open.
- They search the room, but they find nothing. Nada. Squat. Zilch.
- But then Alec finds a large box with tons of metal clasps.
- Mark takes the axe to it, but Alec reminds him to be gentle. There could be bombs in there—or maybe even the virus.
- Er, right. Mark meticulously hits the box, and eventually gets it open.
- Alec reaches into the box and lifts out a large rifle-looking object. It's made out of mostly silver metal and plastic and has little tubes spiraling down the long shaft.
- Nope, it's not a Launcher—one of those electricity weapons we see in The Death Cure. It's a Transvice, the rarest weapon on earth.
- What does it do? "It makes people dissolve into thin air" (48.44).