The Kill Order Chapter 61
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Mark doesn't have time to read every file, so he just starts opening random ones.
- For the most part, the bulk of them are exchanges between someone named Mr. Spilker and Laden Lichliter. Both of them worked for the Post-Flares Coalition.
- So let's take a look at some, shall we?
- To Randall Spilker, from Ladena: I can't believe that meeting at the PCC today. And half the room even agreed with them!
- Okay, first off, the PCC is a name we haven't seen yet.
- Onto the next email.
- To all board members, from Chancellor John Michael (Post-Flares Coalition Memorandum): The world has too many people. We need to think of a way to fix this problem.
- To John Michael, from Katie Mcvoy: Hey man, I have an idea. There's a virus that attacks the brain and shuts it down. It could totally work.
- To Katie, from John Michael: Yeah, that might be our only option. The world's going to run out of resources if we don't do this. You go work on the logistics.
- To all board members, from John Michael: Okay people, here's an order from the Population Control Committee (PCC). We need to unleash a virus in certain locations that'll kill people. Okay?
- After reading these things, Mark is spooked. Then he begins to cry, and screams as loud as he can.
- Because he's shaking while screaming, he accidentally breaks the workpad. Great.
- He then thinks of a plan: Bruce's people are going to Asheville to rebel against the people who gave those orders, so that's where Mark and his friends have to go.
- Then he falls asleep, but dreams about something pleasant.