Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The storm spirit picks up other storm spirits, and our heroes follow them around Chicago buildings.
- Then they dive into a creepy reflecting pool with monoliths beside it. (This is a real place—check out the "Best of the Web" section for more about it.)
- They see the same evil face in the monolith that Leo saw in the porta potty. Evidently, this face gets around.
- The storm spirits pop off a drain cover and head underground. The heroes decide to land and see if they can follow.
- Before they send Festus off, Leo tells him to come back when he blows a whistle.
- Piper's foot is hurting her again.
- They find a ladder in the drain the spirits used, and down they all go.
- They have to stop because Piper is wiped out. Leo says he'll pull food out of his magic belt. Wait—it makes food? Now we really want this belt.
- Jason and Piper share a we're-not-boyfriend-girlfriend-yet-but-probably-soon moment.
- Piper almost tells Jason about her dad being kidnapped, but not quite.
- Piper curls up on Jason and falls asleep.
- Jason reassures Leo that his fire powers don't make him a freak.
- Eventually they journey on and find a directory that looks like it's for a department store. There's a cursive letter M.
- The directory says that you can get magical appliances on one floor, poisons on another, and other unlikely and magical things elsewhere in the shop.
- They decide to start at the top.
- When they arrive, they find a fountain with two cages beside it. In one is a storm spirit; in another is Coach Hedge, frozen.
- A woman appears in front of them.
- She says she's foreign and asks them if she can help them. Jason likes her voice way too much.
- He thinks she's not an enemy for reasons which aren't clear… unless he's been ensorcelled (try busting that word out to amaze your friends and boggle your enemies).
- Piper is not so sure this lady isn't an enemy. Clever Piper.
- Jason tells the woman who they are, and she is creepily interested in Jason's name.