Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 2, Scene 5
- La Flèche comes out of his hiding place and meets Frosine on the stage. She tells him that she has come to make a match between Harpagon and the young lady named Mariane.
- Frosine, you see, likes to meddle in other people's business. She kind of does it for a living: she hopes Harpagon will reward her for fixing him up with Mariane.
- Good luck getting anything out of that guy! says La Flèche in so many words.
- Frosine has a lot of confidence in her ability to manipulate people, so she doesn't bother herself with what La Flèche has said.
- La Flèche leaves as Harpagon returns.