The Other Boleyn Girl Chapter 10
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Mary returns to the court. Henry tells her, "My heart ached for you night and day" (10.5). His "heart." Mmhm, sure, dude.
- Mary wants to resume work right away. And by "work," we mean she wants to get pregnant with another child.
- Meanwhile, the Boleyns are plotting Mary's takeover of the throne.
- Mary still feels bad about betraying the queen.
- Speaking of that, betraying the queen means risking England's alliance with Spain against France.
- What's more important? The safety of the country, or having your daughter bang the king? The Boleyns have to decide.