The Other Boleyn Girl Chapter 31
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Boy, the years fly by, don't they?
- It's summer, which means Mary is off to Hever.
- The other Mary, Princess Mary, has returned to court with her mother, Queen Katherine.
- Katherine and Mary Boleyn bond a bit as mothers before Mary leaves.
- Everything is great.
- Not quite. What book did you think you were reading?
- Before Mary leaves for Hever, the court leaves for their summer trip…without the queen.
- For the first time in history, the king ditches Katherine without saying goodbye.
- That is not a good sign.
- Soon, Katherine receives a letter informing her she is to gather her stuff and leave by the time Henry returns.
- We saw a case just like this one on Judge Judy.
- Mary leaves for Hever to get all the court drama out of her mind.
- She has a wonderful summer, teaching the children to ride ponies with the help of William Stafford, the stable stud.
- Mary entertains dreams of marrying another William.
- Mary's dream is cut short by a letter from Anne, who demands her return to court at once.
- Back and forth goes Mary, like a yo-yo.