The Other Boleyn Girl Chapter 8
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Mary breaks the news to Anne that Lord Henry will marry Lady Mary Talbot. Anne's marriage is over.
- In this century, telling somebody this stuff by letter is like telling that person in a text message. Burn.
- Pretty much everyone is getting married except for Anne.
- George is to marry Jane Parker, a vile woman he hates, and Anne is allowed to visit from Hever for the wedding.
- George marries Jane, whom Anne calls "poisonous" (8.10), and the next day, Anne returns to Hever.
- Mary is envious. She wishes she could be a farm-girl instead of a pretend queen. Overalls are much more comfortable than gowns.