The Scorch Trials Chapter 36
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- While Thomas is staring at the sign in amazement, Brenda comes over and breaks the news to him: these signs are everywhere, and they've been there for a while.
- So when Jorge found out Thomas's name, he knew he should spare the kids.
- Brenda asks Thomas what's going on with him, so he tells her everything.
- And even though Thomas leaves out the parts about him and Teresa kissing and such, Brenda can sense that he and Teresa had a thing.
- Then Brenda calls Thomas "Tom," which is a bad move, because that's Teresa's way of addressing him.
- After some awkward silence, Thomas and Brenda hear noises. Pop quiz: what's Thomas gonna do next?
- If you answered Run toward the noise, you are correct.
- Thomas hears music and people singing and dancing. Hmm, strange. It's Probably Cranks, but maybe not full-blown Cranks.
- Then three Cranks show up behind Thomas and Brenda. Great.
- The Cranks ask Brenda and Thomas to join their party, which has lots of dancing, lovin', and booze.
- Err, thanks, but no thanks.
- After Brenda and Thomas try to get out of the party invitation, one of the Cranks—a blond-haired one—pulls out a gun.
- Whoa, really? A gun?
- The Tall and Ugly one has a knife, and the Ponytailed woman has a screwdriver.
- As you can see, Thomas has already named the Cranks. We've got Tall and Ugly and Ponytail, and the blond one with the gun is Blondie.
- So Thomas and Brenda reluctantly accept the party invitation.
- When a Crank with long hair opens the door, he says, "Hey, Thomas. We've been waiting for you" (36.75).
- Aaaand things just got even weirder.
The Scorch Trials Chapter 36 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.