Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Antonia kneads dough in the kitchen because the Guests knead—er, need bread.
- Magdalena helps Antonina make croissants. "I may not be able to sculpt in clay now, but I can still sculpt in flour!" (19.8).
- We would like a buttery little statue of David for breakfast, please.
- Whenever the Guests need to hide, Antonina plays a song on the piano: Offenbach's "Go, go, go to Crete!"
- That means go, go, go into hiding.
- Magdalena wonders if she'll ever be able to enjoy this music again.
More on The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story