Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Jan has a dilemma: "Adolf has to be stopped" (2.1).
- No, not Hitler, but a rhesus monkey named Adolf.
- Hitler will be stopped before the monkey is, because this is literally never mentioned again.
- Antonina wanders the zoo and observes the animals, like Tuzinka, "one of only twelve elephants ever born in captivity" (2.11).
- Antonina longs for people to connect more with their animal natures, and she often invites artists to the zoo to "uncage their imaginations" (2.15).
- If a zoo is looking for an ad slogan, snag that one. You can pay us in free zoo tickets.
More on The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story