Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In the fall, Fox Man is ordered to leave the zoo and take his fur farm to Germany.
- Afraid to stay in the villa as bombs are falling, Antonina and Ryś hide in his truck, and he smuggles them to a nearby village.
- There, Antonina and Ryś live in an abandoned schoolhouse. The local teacher, Mrs. Kokot, helps them with food and hot water.
- Breakfast: bread and butter. Lunch: bread and butter. Dinner: bread and butter.
- Hey, it's still better than Arby's.
- While eating her bread and butter, Antonia frets about whether Jan is still alive or not. We're told he is, miraculously.
- Even though he was shot through the neck, Jan is alive in a POW camp.
More on The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story