Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In 1945, the Germans flee Warsaw, and Antonina returns to the zoo.
- Surprisingly, the house has survived, although not whole.
- A lot of the home's wood was taken and used for firewood.
- Surprisingly, Ryś finds a cat in the woods. Who is it? Garfield? Stimpy? Hello Kitty?
- No, it's Balbina.
- Balbina survived.
- However, Balbina doesn't want to go with Ryś to their temporary home. He releases her into the woods.
More on The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story