Thirteen Reasons Why Chapter 2
By Jay Asher
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Yesterday, One Hour After School
- We now learn our narrator's name: Clay Jensen.
- He gets home from school and finds a package with his name on it. (We know it's "yesterday" so this is probably the package he was sending out in the prologue).
- Excited, he opens it and finds seven audio cassette tapes. Both sides of each cassette are numbered with blue nail polish – except the seventh cassette.
- Only one side of the seventh cassette is numbered, so the numbers go up to thirteen.
- Clay has no idea who would send him tapes. How will he even play them? (Hello, it's not 1995 anymore!)
- He remembers that his dad has an old stereo with a tape deck in the garage, so he heads in there to listen to the first tape.
Thirteen Reasons Why Chapter 2 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.
More on Thirteen Reasons Why Navigation