April 15, 1963
- Gordon has breakfast and heads to the lab to check on the new samples Cooper has been working with.
- A man named Jacob Edwards enters the lab.
- He claims to know the secret to Gordon's message: magnetism. The extraterrestrials are after the sun's magnetism.
- Gordon and Cooper kick him out of the lab. What a nut.
- Thing is, Edwards may have been the first, but he certainly isn't the last, and after a while, Gordon becomes pretty adept at dealing with the different types of kooks and their eccentric theories.
- At first, the faculty finds Gordon's stories entertaining, but then their mood begins to change.