November 22, 1963
- Gordon is lecturing when a department secretary comes in to tell everyone the President has been shot.
- Given the circumstances, Gordon dismisses class.
- Gordon goes down to the student center to watch the news. Walter Cronkite gives the play-by-play and the President isn't doing so well.
- The story goes live to a book depository where police are escorting someone out—only it's not Lee Harvey Oswald; it's a teenager named Bob Hayes.
- Hayes tells how he was at the depository for a magazine about the signal from the future stuff when he heard the shot.
- He ran upstairs and subdued Lee Harvey before he could make his third shot.
- Watching the news broadcast, Gordon loses his balance.
- Cronkite continues to deliver his news report—the President appears to be stable.
- Gordon goes for a run along the beach, then he gets Penny and brings her with him to the beach.
- Together, the two swim in the waves.