Waiting for David
- In one of the tallest ruins, Shay lights a firework to signal to her mysterious friend.
- And if you guess that this friend was named "David" just because that's in the title, well, you'd be correct.
- But he never shows up, which leads Tally to wonder if he's real. After all, David sounds like a made-up name.
- Tally is still glad that they went out that night since the Rusty Ruins really show how a civilization can collapse if people aren't careful.
- That's the perfect thought to help one get to sleep at night.
- When they get back to the river, Tally sees something that might be a spark of light back in the ruins. But maybe not.