Sharks and Bullets
- On the 27th day, Louie fires a flare at a plane overhead.
- Big mistake. It's a Japanese bomber, and it swoops down and opens fire.
- They're safer with the sharks, so the men hide under the raft.
- Louie punches a shark in the face to keep it away from him.
- The men survive, unshot and unsharked, but unfortunately the rafts are in bad shape. One of the two rafts is slashed in two, and the other is rapidly deflating.
- Louie, Phil, and Mac work together to reinflate the raft—there's no way it could have been done with only one or two men.
- They also end up using the shredded raft as a canopy to shield them from the sun.