- As Phil and Louie are rowing to the island, a Japanese boat draws alongside the raft and brings them onboard.
- They're tied up, blindfolded, and pistol whipped. Yikes.
- Phil and Louie are transferred to another boat, where they're actually fed and treated nicely.
- Unfortunately though, the boat is en route to Kwajalein, a.k.a. Execution Island.
- There, Louie and Phil are placed in separate cells.
- In Louie's cell, the names of nine marines are carved into a wood board.
- Louie knows he's going to die here, and he starts to cry.