Run Like Mad
- Louie learns that any key has a "one-in-fifty chance"(1.2.1) of fitting in any lock.
- He almost gets suspended from school when he helps a bunch of students sneak into the gym free of charge for a basketball game.
- Pete convinces Louie to join track. Louie hates running, but he's good at it, and he likes when people clap for him. (He lives for the applause, applause, applause.)
- At one point, however, Louie actually does try to run away from home, but he gets kicked off a train and has to walk home over the course of two days.
- After that epic fail, Louie devotes his time to running the mile and starts breaking records.