Two Hundred and
- The POWs decide they need to kill the Bird.
- They manage to poison his rice with dysentery, and he gets sick, but recovers after ten days.
- One day, Louie, Tinker, and Wade are blamed for the theft of some fish, and orders are given for every man to punch them in the face.
- They're each punched about 220 times.
- There's one small ray of light at least: American victory in the war is getting closer.
- The downside is that everyone in the camp will probably be executed on August 22.