The Boiling City
- Louie's job as pig man is over, but the Bird continues to torture him.
- He puts him in charge of a goat, saying, "Goat die, you die" (4.30.4).
- Surprising no one, the goat dies.
- Louie is ordered to hold a six-foot-long wooden beam over his head, and a guard is told to whack Louie with his gun if he drops his arms.
- Louie is only jabbed once, and manages to hold the beam up for thirty-seven minutes.
- This just angers the Bird more, and he runs toward him and beats the snot out of him.
- The Bird continues torturing Louie, saying he's going to kill him.
- So the men renew their plans to kill the Bird, and he gets paranoid.