Mason Ashford in Vampire Academy
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Poor Mason. He's the typical good guy who's perfect on paper, but the chemistry just isn't there. Let's take a look at what he does in the novel. He:
- Helps Rose out on her quest to learn about St. Vladimir
- Goes to Christian for her, even though the guy's kinda scary
- Covers for her when one of the dorm matrons asks Rose what she's doing out of her room
- Gets Jesse and Ralf to tell the truth about the rumor about Rose
- Punches Miles for calling Rose a blood whore
Whoa, that's a lot of stuff, and it's clear he's definitely a good guy. So good, in fact, that Rose wonders why she doesn't like him: "How hard would it be, I wondered, to go out with him? He was nice, funny, and reasonably good-looking. We got along. Why did I get caught up in so many messes with other guys when I had a perfectly sweet one here who wanted me? Why couldn't I just return his feelings?" (14.58).
It just goes to show that someone might be charming, strong, funny, and an all-around great guy, but that doesn't give you feelings you don't have. Even so, we like how Mason's a great friend to Rose (even if he wants to be more than that).
Mason Ashford in Vampire Academy Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.