Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Tiffany sees a nut in the clearing rocking back and forth.
- She whispers to Roland to crack the nut while she talks to the Queen, who's threatening her with all sorts of nasty things.
- As Roland runs to the nut, Tiffany kicks the Queen in the leg and looks into her eyes, which are like silver mirrors.
- Then Roland releases all the Nac Mac Feegles and they come pouring out of the nut in a wave and start fighting anyone and anything. All the dream creatures run away.
- When Tiffany asks them where they've been, they admit that they drank back in the banquet dream. Tsk tsk…
- Roland is unconscious, but Tiffany says that they must bring him along—and so along with Wentworth, they all trudge on.
- Then Tiffany wills herself to wake in order to escape the fairy tale book dream that they are in.
- They realize that the Queen has sent nightmares after them, and the Wee Free Men tell Tiffany that she has to run while they hold them off.
- Tiffany pulls the wrapper of the Jolly Sailor tobacco out of her pocket and looks at the scene, which features a beautiful sea.
- She realizes that there's a smallish drome in the distance and runs for it—so they can escape the nightmare.
More on The Wee Free Men