The Woman in White Part 3, Section 1, Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 3, Section 1, Chapter 2
- Walter now relays Marian's and Laura's stories to get everyone up to speed:
- Marian slowly recovers and is devastated by Laura's supposed death.
- After regaining some of her strength, she makes her way back to Limmeridge.
- There, she starts contacting the various people who were around Laura during her final days to clear up the mystery surrounding her death.
- Fosco sends Uncle Fairlie a letter telling him that Anne Catherick has been recaptured and is back in the asylum.
- Except now Anne is even nuttier and keeps insisting she's really Laura Fairlie.
- Marian is intrigued, so she goes to the asylum to speak to Anne.
- The asylum staff let her in, revealing what conveniently horrible security they have.
- Marian is stunned when she sees that Anne is really Laura.
- Laura is practically nuts now herself, after having spent the past few weeks in the loony bin.
- Marian plots the best way to spring her sister.
- She decides that legal means will take too long, so she'll just have to bust Laura out herself.
- Marian bribes Laura's nurse and manages to get her out.
- The two hightail it to Limmeridge.
- During the train ride, Laura manages to fill Marian in on what happened.
- She arrived in London and was intercepted by Fosco before she could get to Mrs. Vesey's.
- Fosco took her to a strange house and reassured her that Marian was there but was resting.
- Some strange people were there, and a guy seemed to be standing guard.
- Fosco came back and gave Laura some water and she promptly passed out.
- (People really need to stop accepting drinks from the Foscos.)
- Laura was pretty drugged up at this point, so her narrative stops making much sense.
- When she came out of the fog of the drugs, she was in an asylum dressed in white and people were calling her Anne Catherick.
- So the sisters arrive at Limmeridge, but idiot Uncle Fairlie refuses to believe that Laura is really Laura.
- So the girls get tossed out of their own home.
- They head to the cemetery to regroup and then encounter Walter.
The Woman in White Part 3, Section 1, Chapter 2 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.