Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Dr. Peters is stopped by airport security. They ask to see what is in his bag.
- Railly tries to push her way through the security line, but the inspector is having no line-cutting today.
- Dr. Peters opens a vial of the virus to show the inspector how harmless it is. Hey, that's not how viruses work.
- Seeing Dr. Peters, Cole pushes his way through security right as the police spot him.
- Cole pulls the gun and—hey, this scene is starting to look familiar, isn't it?
- Yep, it's Cole's re-re-recurring dream. Cole draws the gun but is gunned down by the police as Dr. Peters runs to his plane.
- Railly runs to Cole's side and holds him as he dies.
- As the police take her away, she looks around and sees a boy watching. She recognizes him for the young James Cole and smiles sadly.
- Yep, the entire time, Cole's recurring dream was really a memory of him witnessing his own death as a child. There's just not enough therapy in the world to deal with all that.