Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Margo sweeps into the theatre.
- Addison's in the lobby, and he tells Margo the audition is over. Margo is 2.5 hours late.
- Margo wonders who read with Miss Caswell, and Addison reveals that Eve, her new understudy, did.
- Margo pretends she knew all along that Eve was her understudy.
- Addison says that no one paid attention to Miss Caswell because Eve's performance was "something made of music and fire." That's a good thing.
- Lloyd, according to Addison, was captivated by Eve, especially because she didn't ad-lib as Margo does.
- Inside the auditorium, Margo acts surprised that Eve is her understudy.
- Eve says she's glad Margo arrived late, because she would have been embarrassed to continue reading if Margo had arrived in the middle of it. She's not worthy, etc.
- Margo confronts Lloyd about his young characters and says her age is why he prefers Eve to her.
- They fight on the stage and Lloyd storms out.
- Bill has been lounging on stage, so Margo saunters over and lays into him, too.
- She accuses him of planning the whole audition with Eve.
- He grabs her and insists he never knew either. He says she's being paranoid and all she's doing is hurting the two of them.
- "Once and for all, stop it!"
- He proposes marriage to prove he's into her and not Eve.
- She turns him down, and he says goodbye and walks away!
- Wait! She stops him before he leaves. "Where are you going? To find Eve?" she asks.
- Ouch. That may have been the final nail in the coffin holding their dead relationship.
- Margo cries on the bed, and the scene fades to black.