Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Welcome home, Bill! It's the night of his welcome/birthday party. "A night to go down in history," according to Margo. She senses disaster in the air as she dresses.
- Birdie tells Margo that Bill has been home for 20 minutes. He's been chatting with Eve instead of coming up to greet Margo.
- Margo literally runs down the stairs, then sweeps calmly into the den. She sends Eve away to check the hors d'oeuvres.
- With Eve gone, Margo and Bill are free to fight about her. Margo believes Bill has designs on Eve, simply because she's younger.
- Bill tells Margo he's tired of Margo's obsession with age. Eve just idolizes Margo. Nothing sinister.
- He accuses Margo of "paranoid insecurity" just as Eve shows back up.
- Then the guests arrive, putting a stop to all of this.
- Lloyd and Max immediately start extolling Eve's virtues, which annoys Margo.
- Karen senses something is up between Margo and Eve. "We know you. We've seen you like this before."
- Margo sweeps away dramatically, on her way to getting totally plastered, and utters one of the most famous lines in film history: "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
- Forgive us for repeating this line a zillion times in this guide. It's just so awesome.