- Up in Margo's room, Eve enters with a fancy sable coat. It belongs to the Hollywood movie star.
- Karen asks Eve if she's happy. Eve is so happy she can hardly put it into words.
- Eve asks Karen for a favor. She wants to be Margo's new understudy.
- Karen agrees to speak to Max about it.
- Downstairs, the party is finally winding down.
- Bill, Addison, and Max are sitting on the stairs with Claudia. Karen and Eve join them and listen to Addison rant and rave about the theatre.
- Bill says the theatre takes hard work, and Eve mutters to herself, "Yes, yes it does."
- She gazes dreamily and talks about the applause. Eve seems to be in it for the applause, that wave of love and adoration from the audience…
- Everyone looks at Eve like she's drunk, and she seems a little embarrassed.
- Eve stands up when Margo enters. "Please stop acting as if I were the queen mother," Margo snaps at Eve.
- Then she snaps at Bill and Karen and Lloyd. We're surprised she doesn't snap at the banister.
- Karen excuses herself, telling Margo to stop being a star and stop treating her guests as her "supporting cast."
- Margo stumbles drunkenly upstairs, wishing Bill a happy birthday and a welcome home on the way. How sweet.
- Eve collapses onto a bench, and Karen comforts her, saying that Margo does things no one can figure out.
- Whew, that was one crazy party.