All Quiet on the Western Front Scene 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The boys arrive at boot camp.
- They goof off while getting dressed, laughing about their ambitions and how great it'll be in the army—apparently forgetting that boot camp and summer camp are two very different things.
- Himmelstoss enters in uniform, and the boys talk to him all buddy-buddy, but he has none of it.
- He lines them up and informs them that while they might be stupid he'll make soldiers of them.
- And that "soldiers" is all they'll ever be.