All the President's Men Scene 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Bernstein phones Woodward with the name so he can get on Dahlberg's trail.
- A secretary finds a picture of him, but no other info. He's from Minnesota.
- Woodward finds a phone number for Dahlberg in a Minneapolis phone book.
- Dahlberg actually answers the phone, and says that all his money is turned over to the Committee to Re-Elect.
- Suddenly, Dahlberg blurts out that his neighbor's wife has been kidnapped. Minneapolis is a lot more dangerous than we thought.
- He hangs up.
- Woodward calls the Committee to Re-Elect the President to speak with Clark MacGregor, head of the committee.
- MacGregor says that John Mitchell was head of the committee then.
- Dahlberg calls back—guess the kidnapping isn't that urgent—and Woodward takes the call.
- Dahlberg says he's caught in the middle of something, but he doesn't know what.
- He says he gave to cashier's check to Maurice Stans, the head of finance for Nixon.
- Rock, meet hard place.