- The next morning, Dick is convincing an exceptionally woozy Russell to leave the house.
- Russell then flips out on William: "How do we know he's not a cop!" he shouts. William is visibly shaken and implores Dick to help him get his interview—to no avail.
- Russell boards the bus and is given the eye by everyone on board. The tension is severe.
- As the bus drives away, "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John begins to play, marking the beginning of the film's most iconic scene.
- Everyone on the bus begins to sing along to the music. Before long, even Russell is singing again, and everyone is feeling better.
- "I have to go home," William tells Penny. "You are home," she responds.