Advertisement - Guide continues below
- One day, Bretodeau is walking by a phone box (like a Tardis that doesn't travel through time), and he goes in to answer it.
- It's Amélie on the other end, but she hangs up.
- Then Bretodeau notices his tin sitting on the shelf. He opens it and finds his childhood inside.
- Bretodeau walks to a nearby bar and sits down for a drink. Amélie is eavesdropping on a stool nearby.
- Bretodeau sips his cognac and talks about an incredible find, something left for him by his "guardian angel."
- Bretodeau tells Amélie that he has a daughter he hasn't spoken to in years. She has a boy; he's a grandfather. "It's time I looked them up," he says.