Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Back at the apartment, the landlady gets a letter. It's an official letter from the post office saying that a letter from her dead husband was recovered from a crashed mail plane.
- The letter (which Amélie forged) says that the landlady's husband regrets running away with the secretary, and he hopes she'll forgive him and join him someday.
- The landlady cries happy tears.
- Upstairs, Lucien delivers groceries and another videotape to the Mr. Dufayel.
- Lucien reveals that the landlady got a letter that had been lost for 40 years.
- Lucien and Mr. Dufayel work on different paintings side by side.
- As they talk, Lucien mentions Lady Di, and Mr. Dufayel screams at him for obsessing over her.
- Lucien leaves, and Mr. Dufayel puts in Amélie's new video. It's a tape of babies swimming, which cuts to a cowboy with one leg who dances.
- Dufayel sees Amélie outside the window and nods at her. She nods back.
- Amélie's dad receives another letter: it's the gnome at a Cambodian temple.
- Back at Amélie's apartment, her flight attendant friend returns the gnome to Amélie.