Advertisement - Guide continues below
- George takes his cigarette for a solemn and aimless walk through the streets.
- He finds himself in front of the pawnshop and sees his old tux displayed in the window.
- George's reflection in the mirror aligns with the tux so it looks like he's wearing it.
- He smiles for a moment, enchanted by the ghostly image of his previous life.
- A policeman stands next to George and begins chatting with him. It's hard to see what he's saying, and there are no intertitles.
- George leans in—he's also having trouble understanding the policeman.
- Closeup on the policeman's mouth, which is still moving wordlessly.
- George begins to panic and rushes off.
- Meanwhile, Peppy arrives at home with a bouquet of flowers.
- Noticing George's abandoned bandages, she begins to worry.