Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Bruce goes into the Bat Cave of his mind, flashing back to the night his parents were killed.
- Walking from the theater, dad reaches his hand into Bruce's bag and eats one kernel of popcorn. (One kernel. One. Who does that?)
- Criminals, appalled at a man who eats only one kernel of popcorn, shoots both Mr. and Mrs. Wayne.
- Her necklace breaks. Pearls and popcorn fall to the ground.
- Bruce remembers what the killer said, "You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
- Where else has he heard that? Hmm…
- It was Jack, of course, and he runs away before shooting young Bruce. Big mistake.
- Alfred brings Vicki into the Bat Cave, where Bruce out of costume.
- Vicki thinks that she and Bruce have a special connection, not realizing that she'll never be in another Batman movie again.
- But Bruce won't let her in to his personal Bat Cave, because the world is too dangerous with Joker at large.
- Maybe when he's at small this relationship will work.