Beauty and the Beast Scene 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Little Town, It's a Quiet Village
- Belle walks to town from her home.
- The town comes to life and enjoys ridiculing and judging that weird, bookish girl from across the creek in song.
- Gaston enlightens us of his big life plan to marry Belle because she's the most beautiful girl in town, and clearly there's no other girl for him.
- Gaston confronts Belle as she returns home, adding another dose of small-town misogyny to her morning.
- A distant explosion coming from Belle's house interrupts Gaston's questionable plan, and Belle scurries off toward home, hoping to find her father in one piece.
- Belle discovers her father unharmed and tinkering away at one of his inventions.
- Maurice, her father, does the best he can to share in Belle's day, but the little dude's sweet befuddlement leaves a lot to be desired.
- The whatchamahoozit that Maurice has been perfecting is done, and Belle sees him off to the fair with it.