Advertisement - Guide continues below
- There's another preview going on: Laura's onstage during the play's dream sequence, giving a monologue about her lover and her baby.
- Behind the set, Lesley and Mike get into bed for the upcoming sex scene.
- Mike has an erection and decides he wants to actually have sex with Lesley, who's definitely not having it.
- When Mike has to hop out of bed, the audience laughs because his erection shows through his pajama pants.
- Oh—important plot point: in the play, when Riggan's character finds his wife in bed with her lover he commits suicide by shooting himself in the head.
- The play's preview night ends and Lesley is really upset at Mike. Laura comforts her in her dressing room and Riggan comes in and does the same.
- This makes Laura sad because he's never sweet to her, even though they've been together for two years.
- Lesley and Laura smile about how pathetic they are—and then make out.
- Mike interrupts them but Lesley throws a hair dryer and an expletive his way so he leaves, muttering "actresses."