Brokeback Mountain Scene 21
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Thanksgiving gets even more awkward as Ennis eats with his ex-wife, her new husband (the grocery store manager) and his daughters.
- Alma has either eaten a ton of cranberry sauce, or she's pregnant with another child.
- Ennis helps her clean up in the kitchen as the stepfather and the girls watch TV.
- She suggests Ennis get married again. Doesn't she know that his kind of marriage isn't legal yet?
- She asks if he still fishes with Jack, and he says "not often."
- She wonders why, all those times, he never actually brought fish home. Seriously, couldn't he have gone by the grocery store and picked up some fish sticks or something?
- And why did his tackle box still have the price tag on it after five years?
- So she tested him. She tied a note to his fishing line, and it was still there when he got home.
- She knows Alma and "Jack Nasty" weren't fishing.
- "I'll make you eat the f***ing floor," Ennis yells at her. Um, we'd rather have pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dessert, thanks.
- He runs from the house and doesn't even say bye to his daughters. "Bye, daddy. Bye, daddy." Poor Alma Jr. is like a talking doll with the voicebox broken.
- Outside a bar, Jack gets into a fight with some rando.
- The man beats him senseless in the street. This was officially the worst Turkey Day ever.