Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Billy Flynn has a new client—an heiress who has committed a triple homicide. Uh-oh, that's no good. Good for the murder victims, but not for Roxie and Velma.
- The heiress, named Kitty Baxter, shot her husband in bed with two women.
- Kitty is dragged into jail, kicking and screaming… literally! She kicks a photographer, a reporter, and says she's sorry about the crime: "Sorry I got caught!"
- The public, and Billy Flynn, are fickle. Billy has already forgotten Roxie.
- So she faints to get attention. "I only hope the fall didn't hurt the baby." Oh, that gets the flashbulbs popping.
- Shockingly, Roxie is pregnant!
- The press goes wild for the news, and so does Amos, who believes he is the father.
- But poor Amos is lost in the crowd, ignored by Roxie and everyone else.
- Time for his sad-sack song: "Mr. Cellophane."
- "You can look right through me, walk right by me, and never know I'm there."
- In a meeting with Billy Flynn, Amos learns the baby couldn't possibly be his.
- He says he'll divorce, but "she probably won't even notice."