Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Roxie storms into a meeting with Billy, angry at the matronly dress he wants her to wear.
- He also wants her to knit on the witness stand.
- But Roxie isn't interested in being told what to do anymore.
- After an argument, she fires Billy. He says he quit anyway!
- He tells her no one will care about her in a couple weeks. "That's Chicago."
- Being led back to her cell, Roxie discovers that the Hunyak, the Hungarian woman, lost her appeal. She will be hanged.
- She will the first woman in the state of Illinois to be executed.
- In a fantasy sequence, the woman does her "Famous Hungarian Disappearing Act."
- It's sad, because she won't be reappearing.
- In reality, her body hangs lifeless. In the fantasy, the crowd applauds when she disappears.