Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Roxie watches the Hungarian's coffin being wheeled away.
- And next thing we know, she rehires Billy, puts on the ugly dress, and gets her knitting.
- Before she's supposed to take the stand, she tells Billy she's scared.
- He comforts her by saying it's a circus.
- They'll "give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle."
- In Roxie's fantasy, the court is a literal circus as Billy sings.
- In the actual courtroom, Billy is just as dramatic, acting out the murder of Fred Casely in a way that makes him seem like an attacker.
- Amos is called the stand, and Billy actually remembers his name for the first time.
- Amos admits he filed for divorce from Roxie because of her mystery baby.
- He admits he never asked if he was the father, and would take her back if she admitted Amos was the father of the baby. "Which she does!"
- And Billy immediately calls him by the wrong name.
- Roxie hugs Amos, to put on a show for the court. They go wild.
- Now it's time for Roxie to finally take the stand.