Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Later one night, Roxie wants Fred to tell her again that she's a star, but he won't do it.
- She remembers when Velma Kelly murdered her husband and her sister (the night in the first scene).
- Roxie says she'd be happy if her husband, Amos, was with someone else.
- She tries to tell Fred about her ideas for an act, but he gets dressed to leave.
- She keeps talking, so he pushes her and gives her the tough truth: "You ain't never gonna have an act."
- He admits he never had connections at the club, and he only told her that to get into her bed.
- He shoves her even harder, into the wall, and threatens her.
- Crying, Roxie grabs a gun from a drawer and shoots Fred. Fred's dead, baby. Fred's dead.
- She's not upset though. She looks in the mirror, and she imagines herself on stage.