- Roxie helps out in the steamy laundry room, and then she delivers fresh towels to the bathroom.
- In the bathroom, she's able to eavesdrop on Mama Morton, who is working on getting publicity for Velma.
- Roxie bumps into Velma in the hallway and takes credit for pressing her lingerie.
- Then she asks Velma for advice on her case and performing.
- Velma's advice: "Keep your paws off my underwear."
- Mama overhears the conversation, and she tells Roxie she can help.
- In Mama's office, Mama tells Roxie not to tell the truth.
- Mama recommends Billy Flynn, the best criminal lawyer around.
- She wants $100 to call Billy. It's a steep fee because he's never lost a case for a female client. Never.
- Time for another fantasy sequence: "All I Care About (Is Love)"
- "And ooh what luck, 'cause here he is."
- The "silver-tongued prince of the courtroom" is introduced.
- Dressed like a shoe-shiner, Billy Flynn dances down the stairs and sings about how he doesn't care for expensive things and status… only love! (Yeah, sure, bud!)
- In the prison, Velma is being interviewed by the press, and she still denies committing the crime.
- Her lawyer, Billy Flynn, says they're offering a reward in exchange for the identity of the real killer.
- Roxie intercepts him, but he says he won't represent her unless she can pony up $5,000.
- She tries to seduce him, but he only wants the money.
- "All he cares about is love!"