- Roxie's cell is full of flowers and fan mail.
- Mama saunters in and offers to be Roxie's manager to get her on stage.
- But Roxie wants a real act. She doesn't want to be famous just because she killed someone.
- Roxie tells Mama some stories, and she imagines herself in a shimmery silver number on stage.
- She tells some off-color, bawdy jokes, makes light of the murder, then sings her song: "Roxie."
- "The name on everybody's lips is gonna be Roxie!" "They're gonna recognize my eyes, my hair, my teeth, my boobs, my nose."
- She imagines signing autographs, being a star, and seeing her name in lights.