- Waters and Ria are investigating a shooting outside a convenience store.
- It was road rage gone wrong (not that road rage ever goes right), but the rager didn't realize that he was raging against the machine.
- By machine, we mean cop. Not the Terminator.
- A guy in a Mercedes shot at a cop, who shot back and killed him.
- Now the cop is enjoying a coffee.
- "He looks very relaxed for just having shot somebody," observes Waters.
- As if this were Han Solo v. Greedo, Waters wants to know who shot first.
- Ria learns that the victim is William Lewis. How does she know this? She found his badge under the front seat.
- Uh-oh. We've got a case of cop-on-cop crime.