Advertisement - Guide continues below
- At a diner, a man makes a sketchy-looking deal with a guy at a table.
- Meanwhile, Officer John Ryan calls a clinic about his father.
- Ryan swears his father's painkillers aren't working.
- The clerk on the phone informs Ryan that a urinary tract infection isn't an emergency.
- Ryan asks to speak to the clerk's supervisor, and she tells him that she is the supervisor.
- Ryan wants to know her name. It's Shaniqua Johnson.
- Ryan makes fun of her name, and Shaniqua hangs up the phone.
- With his partner, Officer Tom Hanson, Ryan goes on patrol.
- Ryan pulls over an SUV because it looks like the woman in the passenger seat was performing oral sex on the driver.
- That's not something you learn in driver's ed.
- Ryan checks the driver's registration, then has him get out of the car. The couple in question? Cameron and Christine Thayer.
- While Cameron is being forced to demonstrate he isn't inebriated, Christine, who has been drinking, gets out of the car.
- Ryan orders Christine to get back inside the car, but she won't.
- With his partner Hanson, Ryan pushes the couple against the car.
- Cameron says he's a TV director, and he says he and Christine were just returning home from an awards show.
- Christine accuses Ryan of pulling them over because he thought she was white and married to a Black man.
- Ryan gets a little handsy while frisking Christine for weapons, as if the Emmys gave out knifes in the gift bags.
- After forcing Cameron to apologize, Officer Ryan lets them go with a warning.
- In the car, Christine is so embarrassed and humiliated that she doesn't want Cameron to touch her.