Dead Poets Society Scene 12
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Knox reads a poem in front of the class. It's dedicated to Chris.
- His fellow classmates giggle and he gets all blush-y.
- Other students read their poems, but Todd says he didn't write one.
- Undeterred, Mr. Keating again quotes some Whitman and he makes Todd create a poem on the spot.
- He succeeds, and his fellow students sit in silence for a moment before breaking into applause.
- The class moves outdoors for more poetry-and-sport, to the tune of classical music. It's like gym class with sonnets.
- They lift Mr. Keating and carry him off the field, cheering.