Dead Poets Society Scene 9
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- We return to Mr. Keating's class.
- He calls on Todd, who is too shy to answer. Neil answers instead.
- Mr. Keating reads them Shakespeare, and, despite their initial hesitation, he gets them to enjoy it.
- Then he stands on the desk, telling the boys that they must learn to look at the world in a different way. They take turns standing on the desk.
- As class ends, Mr. Keating tells the students that they must write and read their own poem.
- He tells Todd that he knows this assignment scares him, and turns out the light.